Meatball Soup Recipe
This meatball soup recipe makes for a hearty paleo family supper dish. Roast vegetables give the broth a delicious depth of flavour with the balls of ground mince and vegetable boodles adding textural interest.
Meatball Soup Recipe - Nutritional Data
According to our nutritional calculator, each 500g serving(when using white potato noodles) will provide
more than the RDA of
almost all of your RDA of:
more than half of your RDA of:
and almost half of your RDA of:
- B1 (thiamin),B3 (niacin) and B12
As well as good amounts of many other trace elements.
Ingredients - serves 6 - 8
For the Roast Vegetable Soup Base
- 500g cauliflower florets
- 125g celery (2 sticks)
- 200g red pepper (2 peppers)
- 220g tomatoes (4 small or 2 large tomatoes)
- 140g carrots
- 100g onions
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1.5l beef stock
- 500ml pasatta
- 1 red chilli
- pinch of oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh basil - chopped
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pink salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli - deseeded
For the Vegetable Noodles
- 5 large white potatoes - you could use sweet potatoes, beetroot, carrots or courgettes if you don't eat white potatoes
Roast Vegetable Soup - Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 220oC
- Wash and half the vegetables (Break the cauliflower into florets)
- Place in a large roasting dish and liberally sprinkle with pink salt.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and place in the oven for 45mins - 1 hour, or until slightly charred.
- Put the roast vegetables into a large pan.
- Stir through the paprika and oregano.
- Add the beef stock, pasatta and lemon juice to the pan and bring up to a steady simmer.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and VERY CAREFULLY use an immersion blender to liquidise the soup.
- Return the soup to the heat and bring back up to a simmer.
Meatballs - Instructions
- Take small chunks of the minced beef and shape them into balls.
- Drop into the soup
Vegetable Noodles - Instructions
- Peel and wash your vegetable of choice.
- Following the manufacturer's instructions, use a spiralizer to create your vegetable noodles.
- Drop the noodles into the pan.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meatballs and the noodles are properly cooked.
- Stir through the fresh chopped basil and serve.
Why Not Try....
One of our tasty paleo gluten free deserts