Gluten Free Cookie Recipe - Gingerbread Cookies - Paleo Recipes
Gluten Free Cookie Recipe - Gingerbread Cookies - Paleo Recipes - Our family recipe for the most delicious gingerbread cookies ever!
These paleo ish cookies are utterly scrumptious. If you like gingerbread then these are going to be just the ticket - they have an extra special gingery kick to them in the shape of some chopped stem ginger. Yum!
They took a bit of playing with to get the texture just right, but the whole family has approved this recipe so it's ready to be approved by our readers now. We really hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
I found sweet potato flour in a Chinese Supermarket, which was nice and convenient, but I am trialling making my own and will let you know how I get on very soon.
These gluten free cookies are absolutely to die for - they have a slight crunch combined with the softness of proper gingerbread. A real, but clean, treat for those on a paleo diet looking for an occasional treat that's not a total cheat, and perfect for those following a gluten free diet who just don't care so long as there's no gluten involved!
Gingerbread Cookies Paleo Recipe Ingredients (makes approx 12)
- 3/4 cup sweet potato flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 dessert spoons flax powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 oz crystallised/stem ginger, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 oz palm sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Gluten Free Cookie Recipe Gingerbread Cookies Paleo Recipe Method
- Preheat the oven to 180° C/350° F/gas mark 4.
- Melt the coconut oil in the oven as it warms (try not to spill it all over the bottom of the oven when removing it, it makes a big mess!)
- Sieve the sweet potato flour and coconut flour into a medium sized bowl
- Stir in the flax powder and ground ginger.
- Chop the stem ginger into small pieces and stir into the flour mixture
- In a separate bowl whisk the coconut oil, vanilla extract, palm sugar, honey and egg until thoroughly combined.
- Add the liquid to the flour and beat until mixed.
- Leave to stand for 5 - 10 minutes to allow the flours to fully take up the liquid.
- Spoon onto a greased baking sheet or onto baking parchment on a baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until they start to turn slightly golden.
- Cool and enjoy these delicious gingerbread cookies!
You are Invited to Share
Paleo Recipe - Share your Paleo Food Success Stories from our Recipes
Have you tried one of our Creatively Paleo Recipes ?
Loved It ? Hated It ? Did your family like it ? What do you think could be improved ? What did you serve it with ? Added a different ingredient ? How did you personalise it ? ... Share Pics & your Recipe Stories here ...
You Might Also Enjoy These Gluten Free Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Chocolate Mousse Cake
Lemon Bundt Cake
Lemon Cake Recipe
Lemon Curd Recipe
Sugar Free Jam Recipe
Return to Creatively Paleo Gluten Free Desserts Recipe Collection from Gluten Free Cookie Recipe Gingerbread Cookies