Fruit Crumble Recipe - Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
Who doesn't love a good fruit crumble recipe? This Rhubarb Crumble Recipe is super easy and very delicious - not too tart and not too sweet, it has a hint of caramel that will prove popular with the whole family.
Fruit crumble is such an easy yet satisfying dessert - serve it warm with paleo ice cream to tantalize your tastebuds with the combination of hot and cold.
If you want a bowl full of real old style comfort food, then serve this rhubarb crumble with a jug of steaming hot paleo custard!
Rhubarb Crumble - Nutritional Info
Rhubarb contains compounds called polyphenols which are reputed to help destroy cancer cells - what is so great is that these are 'activated' when baked in the oven!
Apples are renowned for keeping the doctor away - probably because they are a good source of vitamin C. Overall though they are natures candy bar and don't have an awful lot of goodness, other than the vit C of course.
Pumpkin seeds make up the bulk of the crumble and they are a good provider of protein, magnesium and zinc.
Fruit Crumble Recipe - Rhubarb Crumble Recipe - Ingredients - Serves 4 - 6
- 6 bramley (cooking) apples, cored and chopped
- 4 large sticks of rhubarb, washed and chopped
- 7 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 80g ground pumpkin seeds
- 40g coconut flour
- 30g coconut sugar
- 60g hard coconut oil or butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Place the apples and rhubarb into the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle over the 7 tsps of coconut sugar and vanilla powder and stir through the fruit.
- Cover and pop in the oven for 15 minutes to soften slightly.
- In a bowl sieve the ground pumpkin seeds and coconut flour.
- Add the solid coconut oil or butter to the flour and rub in until it looks rather like breadcrumbs.
- Add the coconut sugar and stir through well.
- Carefully sprinkle the crumble mixture onto the top of the fruit until it is completely covered.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently push the crumble mixture down until it is reasonably well packed.
- Bake for 20 - 30 mins, or until the crumble is just starting to go golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream or custard.
Our paleo recipes desserts fruit crumble recipe is great for families, why not look at our easy guide to primalizing your family for some great tips.