Cauliflower Recipes - Paella Recipe
A cracking addition to our cauliflower recipes collection is this take on the classic Paella Recipe - it is chock full of colourful vegetables so not only looks wonderful on the dining table, but is full of goodness too.
This recipe was originally a vegetarian one made with vegetarian sausages and white rice. It was such a firm family favourite, that we thought it was about time we paleoified it!
It's really tasty, give it go and let us know what you think in the comment box at the bottom of the page.
Paella Recipe - Nutritional Info
Cauliflower is a good source of protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium and phosphorus.
It is a very good source of fibre, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium and manganese.
It also provides omega 3 fats, biotin and choline.
Learn more about cauliflower nutrition on our in depth information page.
Cauliflower Recipes - Paella Recipe - Ingredients - serves 4 - 6
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of cushed smoked garlic (use ordinary garlic if you can't get hold of a smoked bulb)
- 6 carrots, thinly sliced crossways
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 100g black olives, halved
- 10 sausages, cooked and sliced
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 large pinches of saffron
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 dsp coconut oil
- Remove the outer leaves of the cauliflower, break it into florets and wash well.
- Finely chop the cauliflower with either a large, sharp knife, or a food processor. This will be your rice.
- Prepare the rest of the vegetables and cook the sausages according to the instructions.
- Make up the chicken stock (if using a stock cube) and add the saffron, bay leaves and pepper to it.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan.
- Fry the onion gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, peppers and garlic to the pan and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and stir through so that the fried vegetables are well distributed through it.
- Pour in the stock and stir through.
- Cover with a lid and leave to simmer until the carrots are almost soft.
- Add the sliced sausages and the olives to the pan and carefully stir through.
- Cook for a 5 - 10 minutes, or until most of the stock has evaporated and the vegetables are cooked.
- Serve as it is, or with a healthy salad.
If you are looking for more interesting things to do with a cauliflower, check out our dedicated cauliflower recipes page.